A4 lifting front wheels on curves

Hobby11

OK I am sure it's been answered but the set up of the forum doesn't help and a search doesn't show anything!

Since I now have an oval to run on I've found that my A4 lifts the inside front wheels on the front bogie when going round curves. The A3 doesn't! I know there's a fix somewhere but can someone remind me what it is?! (The black tape has gone, btw!)

In some cases there is some excess or ‘flash’ on the bogie casting that catches causing the lift. It’s not the purposely moulded wheel irons that are visible at the front, so don’t snip them off! Also just check the front spring assembly is not sticking. There is a tiny clear plastic washer that seats the coil spring against the bogie casting, it can slip inside the elongated pivot of the bogie casting. take care not to let any parts fly off if you undo this, a good tip is undo it in a clear plastic bag

I noticed my Flying Scotsman doing this after it came back from repair by Hornby, at least on R2 curves but am not sure about 3rd or 4th radius. I don’t recall it happening before then, but I may just not have noticed. Next time I bring things out of the cupboard, I’ll see if I can follow these tips and fix the issue without making things worse. I really don’t want to have to send it back again.

I don’t have much time or inclination for modelling at the moment.

Although I said be careful not to clip off the wheel irons…. If it’s interfering with the bodywork you might have to remove them completely. They are only glued on. TBH the detail is so fine it’s impossible to really make out and a smooth running loco is more important. My newly replaced WW has this issue