@Daedalus

96RAF

Daedalus - there have been reported complaints about your persistent hi-jacking of threads. It has been suggested that you start a thread of your own with a suitable title where you and others can have a pop at each other. The mods can then purge the other threads back to on-topic.

• 2 weeks later...

clique? If trying to be technically correct is a clique so be it.

It is the role of a moderator to keep a forum’s content appropriate for the intended audience. Some of your advice will invalidate warranties. Other advice is technically incorrect or innapropriate.

Just to tidy this up and give credit where credit is due:

• my quoted post, which comes from a DC v DCC topic, does not mention the app. It mentions Android and Apple phones and tablets in the context of total v marginal cost of a DCC system (HM | DCC) versus a DC system, which comparison is the thread topic.
  • Colin, for me, you are a valuable contributor to the forum and the resident expert on many non-Hornby decoder brands given your experience with them.

It is one thing to give different viewpoints, but quite another to attack those who give them. Everyone on here has information to give, but how I do them may be different to others. Giving advice means that it can be followed or not. But it never gives you the right to insult or otherwise belittle other forum members. Be polite and respectful was I think one of the forum guidelines.

XYZ

Hi XYZ

Well said.

Polite and respectful. Full stop.

I've listened to Hornby, themselves, as they explained the problem vis Android versus IOS. IOS is a much tinier environment, Android is complicated by the many flavors. Harder, therefore, to have an app functional across Android than IOS.

Whilst I commiserate with some early adopters who found their devices incompatible, this is the issue with early adoption. Surprises. As some youTube reviewers have pointed out, there are some apparent size / fitment issues, as well.

In my view, perhaps it is better to wait and see before jumping in. I would like to use the system. Before I spend the cash, however, I want to be sure it is not wasted. My locomotives are all tiny, will the decoders fit? Can I use my devices, which are all Android? Right now, that doesn't appear to be possible. I can wait whilst the bugs are worked out.

Bee