New Arnold TT120 Sffgmss container wagons.

ellocoloco

These look fantastic, the only thing for UK modellers to be cautious of is loading gauge on the wagons themselves, they could be wider than UK rolling stock.

This is where more complete model information on Arnold website would be very helpful.

My layout is set too early for containerised freight but those hoppers could be ‘dealt with’ to create Consett ore wagons 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, BR Railfreight Distribution (RfD) leased 25 of these single wagons (multifrets) from SNCF late 80s/early 90s. We operated them to Scotland on WCML. The vehicle type became the basis for the RfD multifrets (two platforms per wagon, connected by bar coupler with no raised headstock at the bar coupler ends). We had 225 wagons, SNCF 225 and ICF had 450. If Arnold have got their scaling correct, they will be within BR loading gauge in terms of width (and a scale 945mm loading platform height). Some of the ICF wagons were sold to other users, eg , Cemat, etc so plenty of livery variations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
TT, loading gauge is an overall profile of the stock, width and height. Generally European std gauge is noticeably bigger than UK. The Arnold ferry vans match UK loading gauge, If the cereal hoppers were same that would be great

I got myself some of those ferry vans, I must say I think the detail is superb!

• 3 months later...

hi renoir nice set i have got one of these piko loco myself i will have to get the container wagons as well in the future, i did look at them but i will keep my money for the anold container wagons,

have you seen the tillig train sets £106+11p+p about nice loco and different wagons per set hornby could lean a thing or two from them nice low price no vat ,slightly_smiling_faceps vat would add about £21 two the price still good valueblush

Love my Piko BR 130 @Renoir, excellent models, yours looks perfect for handling containers

@happy TT, those cheap Tillig sets are very basic models not the high fidelity range. I think they are the old BTTB toolings from many years ago. Obviously Hornby don’t have that bankrupt tooling to use.

hi renoir it might be a small link but it did set a wheel or bogie in the uk i do like piko locos very well made and they run very well ,

when i started with TT i purchased a tillig set to see if i could work with it being smaller a scale than oo and ho and i built a german layout back in 2020 and i was over the moon when hornby announced it was going in to TT120 ,i joined the club straight away in oct 22

i am going to use your baseboard idea to build a uk layout when i get my class 66 i might get a trago or a flying scotsman soon

A resource for some of the European wagons and locos that can be found in the UK is the British HO Society website. The intention was to list available HO models that could be used in or adapted to a British setting. This is very similar to what is being discussed in this thread.

Balfour Beatty did have a couple of Köf IIs!

I don't know what is available rtr in continental TT120, but the website may be of interest to a few of you.

(I have another HO 66 awaiting a repaint)